Parks, Fields & Courts
Please note that no pets are allowed on any sports field. See below for info about Atsugi's dog park.
Need some space to throw a party, picnic or BBQ? Visit Gear Rental (bldg. 978) or call 0467-63-6205 to reserve a pavilion at Ranger Park or the J-Tag Picnic Area. Reservations are free of charge and accepted up to 30 days in advance.
Note: For safety reasons, no glass bottles are permitted in parks, and fires are only allowed in the BBQ pits. You're responsible for cleaning up after your event.
Available parks (additional info about each park can be found under the "Downloads" section of the page):
- Ranger Park & Picnic Area: Large picnic pavilions, horseshoes, volleyball court and restrooms. Adjacent to Ranger Gym.
- J-Tag Picnic Area: Family picnic area with pavilion, BBQ pit and restrooms. Located next to the CDC (bldg. 3250).
- Dino Park & Playground: Operated by the Housing Office. Located across the street from the NEX Laundromat.
- Skate Park: Located next to Ranger Gym. Hours: Open daily from 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Features a half pipe, tabletop and other structures designed for skaters and BMX bike riders.
The off-leash dog park (a non-MWR facility) is just south of Ranger Gym and across the street. It's a large, fenced, grassy area with bench seating, great for playing some fetch, or watching pups run around. Trash cans are available — please clean up after your pets so everyone can enjoy the park!
For kennel and grooming services, please visit MWR NAF Atsugi's Kennel.
- King Field: Youth/adult softball
- MacArthur Field: Youth softball
- Minor Field: Youth baseball & multi-purpose
- Ranger Field: Adult softball
- Reid Field: Multi-purpose (available in English and Japanese under "Downloads")
- Taylor Field: Multi-sport
Field reservations can be made at the Halsey Fitness Center Admin Office Mon-Fri from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon-Fri. MWR scheduled events have priority for field use.
- Two courts are located in Ranger Park (next to Ranger Gym).
- One court is located in Dino Park (across from the NEX Laundromat).
- One court is located on King Ave. next to tower 3069 (behind the Navy Lodge).
- One court is located off Independence St. behind bldg. 484 (west of the ACC).
Reservations via Halsey or Ranger Gym are required to use the tennis courts. Stop by in person or call 0467-63-3847 or 0467-63-6160.
Volleyball/tennis court hours: 8 a.m.-10 p.m.