Welcome to the Atsugi Library! Patrons may browse through the library collections and use the computer lab.
Check our catalog or reserve a book online
Pages For Pizza
Kids and teens (ages 5-18) can feed their hunger for learning by reading FIVE chapter books, and receive a FREE Parcheezi's Personal Pizza!
- Pick up a "Pages for Pizza" bookmark from Atsugi Library.
- Each time you complete a chapter book, report it to a Library staff member and receive a pizza sticker to place on your bookmark, and help track the number of books read.
- After you report the fifth book read, you'll receive a coupon for a FREE Parcheezi's Personal Pizza.
- Read and repeat every quarter. Visit or contact the Atsugi Library for full details.
Soap Carving: Learn how to carve soap bars! This popular Japanese hobby of carving soap bars develops fine motor skills -- and smells great! $10 per class plus supplies (200-400 yen). See event schedule for dates.
Chigiri-e: Uses scraps of torn handmade washi paper to create images that look like water colors paintings. The technique dates from the 8th century and frequently accompanied calligraphy. $10 per person plus yen for supplies.
Oshi-e: This is the art of embossed cloth pictures, traditionally made with scraps of kimono silk. $10 per person plus yen for supplies.
Ikebana: Ikebana is the art of Japanese flower arranging. Ikebana is counted as one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement. It reached its first zenith in the 16th century and is still practiced widely around the country. $10 per person plus yen for supplies.
Sado: Sado (or chado) is the traditional and artistic presentation of the traditional tea ceremony. This class will focus on the significance of the tea ceremony, and prepare the student to enjoy and understand the ceremony off base. $10 per person plus yen for supplies.
Pokemon Club: Bring your cards, trade with friends and battle it out at the Library every first Tuesday of the month. Start time: 2 p.m.
Lego Club: Builders wanted! The Library will spread out our Legos every 2nd Tuesday of the month, and then display the creations for the next month. Start time: 2 p.m.
- Dinosaur Club: Do you like dinosaurs? So do we! Spend an hour with us as we explore and learn various species, their habitats, and much more every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Start time: 2 p.m.
- The Way Things Work: Learn about the way things work. We will examine familiar objects and systems, exploring the Engineering and history that brought it into the modern world every 4th Tuesday of the month. Start time: 2 p.m.
Story Time: Read books, stretch, wiggle and dance, and make a craft every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. ?
Early Literacy - Full STEAM Ahead: Baby time, lap sit (Ages 0-2). Stories, rhymes, and rhythms every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Introduction to Japanese: Learn and practice basic conversational Japanese. Check the events page for dates.
Account & Check-Out: With our new Bibliovation system we can create linked accounts for every family member who has a military ID. Your ID will be your library card going forward. Stop by the library to update or open your account!
Borrowing Periods & Limits: You can now borrow two video games, 10 DVDs or Blurays, and 100 books, audiobooks and music cds. All material checks out for 21 days and may be renewed two times if no one else has reserved it.
Reserving a Room at the Library: We are happy to let you reserve and use our multi-purpose rooms. Please stop by the library to reserve one as they are on a first come, first serve basis.