Atsugi Station Library
Located on the second floor of the NAF headquarters building, the Atsugi Station Library is fully stocked with books, DVDs, audiobooks, e-books, video games and learning software to help you expand your mind. There's a children’s reading room and computing area; an adults’ computing area with printing, copying and fax services; and plenty of reading nooks and study spaces. There's also free wifi!
If you have a specific book you're looking for, you can view the full book catalogs of the Atsugi, Yokosuka, and Sasebo libraries here. (An interlibrary loan system is in place for borrowing books from other bases.)
Books from the CNO Professional Reading Program (see "Downloads" for the list) are available for check-out. And if you'd like to access books from home, check out the large digital collection of audiobooks, language apps, homework help, practice tests and more available from the Navy Digital Library.
The library is also where cultural craft classes are offered.
- Crafty Coffee Wednesdays @ Library (Wednesdays – 11 a.m.) Bring your hand projects, knitting, crochet, painting, sketching or something else, and spend an hour in friendly conversation at the library. Be creative and make a friend too!
- Story Time - Join us for songs, stories, and crafts every Thursday morning at 10:30 a.m. Please register, so that we may prepare enough crafts for the children.
- Geography Club (2nd Tuesday of the month, 2 p.m.) Each month we will pick a different country to explore. We will learn about their history, culture and so much more. We promise to have fun activities and crafts. Join us on an adventure. Please sign up by stopping by the Circulation Desk or by calling 264-3776.
- Lego Club (3rd Tuesday of the month, 2 p.m.) Builders wanted to come create something amazing at Lego Club. All creations will be displayed for the month at the front of the library. Please sign up by stopping by the Circulation Desk or by calling 264-3776.
- Coding Club (4th Tuesday of the month, 2 p.m.) Come learn about computers and computer programming. Play logic games with us, as we teach children how to think about coding in new and fun ways. Please sign up by stopping by the Circulation Desk or by calling 264-3776.
The library also hosts both winter and summer reading programs. Children under 10 without a valid military ID must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times while in the library. Children 10 and older with a valid military ID may use the library without immediate adult supervision, and they may also use the computers, including the internet if approval has been noted in the sponsor’s account.
Account & Check-Out
Library accounts are established in the sponsor’s name for the family unit; each family is issued ONE library card. Family members can use their military IDs to check out material. Hold requests can be placed for materials out on loan or from other libraries. Items will be held for 72 hours following notification.
Check your due dates, renew your materials and request items from our online catalog!
Borrowing Periods & Limits
- 30 books: 30 days
- 5 audiobooks: 30 days
- 5 music CDs: 14 days*
- 5 video games: 14 days*
- 5 DVDs: 14 days*
*No renewals. Other materials can be renewed once if no one else has reserved it.
Current Fees & Prices
- Black and white photocopying: 10¢ per copy per side (up to 8.5x14”)
- Color photocopying: 25¢ per copy per side (up to 8.5x14”)
- Black and white printing from library computers: 5¢ per copy per side
- Color printing by emailing attachment to the library: 25¢ per copy per side
- Outgoing fax: $1 per page
- Incoming fax: 25¢ per page
Lost or damaged materials will be compensated by one of the following methods:
- Replace with same item in same format or;
- Pay for replacement or;
- Like item agreed upon by librarian
Accounts must be clear of any overdue material or unpaid fines before additional items can be borrowed. Items left in the drop box may not be cleared until the following day.
FREE book swap! Choose from our collection of paperbacks looking for a good home and bring in books that you've finished. Incoming/outgoing book count must be declared at the front desk.
Culture Craft Classes
Please visit our Culture Craft Classes page for more information.