Fleet & Family Support Center (FFSC)
Atsugi’s Fleet & Family Support Center’s primary mission is to provide quality customer service through information, resources, and programs which support and enrich the lives of our military members, civilians, retirees, and their families.
Work & Family Life Programs provide direct support to mission readiness by preparing service members and their families for the demands of military life.
- Life Skills Education Courses are offered in Anger & Stress Management, Effective Communication, Time Management and a Premarital Seminar.
- Transition Goals, Plans, Success (TGPS) prepares service members for separating or retiring with information on financial planning, Veterans Benefits, Accessing Higher Education, Career technical Assistance, and/or how to become an Entrepreneur.
- Employment Readiness assists family members with employment counseling, including resume preparation, interviewing techniques, job search skills, and information on teaching English in Japan.
- Personal Financial Management offers individual budgeting appointments and monthly classes in Credit and Debt Management, Car and Home Buying, and Savings and Investing.
- Relocation Assistance is provided through weekly Area Orientation Briefs (AOB), monthly sponsorship classes, PCS Smooth Move course, pre/post deployment briefings, and Hospitality Loaner Kits containing needed kitchen appliances.
- Intercultural Relations services are offered through our weekly mandatory indoctrination course. In addition, our intercultural specialists offer classes in Washi Craft, Obi Wall Hanging, and Japanese Grocery Shopping.
- Information & Referral. Fleet & Family Support Center is your one stop for resources on base and in the local community, including maps, travel instructions, and translation.
- Counseling, Advocacy and Prevention Programs provide confidential individual, group and family counseling, victim intervention, and related awareness, prevention, and education classes.
The Family Advocacy Program offers domestic violence and child abuse education, outreach, and intervention. 24/7 victim assistance is available at 080-5471-0970.
The New Parent Support Specialist provides pre and postnatal home visits, biweekly playgroups, breastfeeding support and many classes designed to enhance parenting skills.
Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR)
The main goal of the Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) program is to provide immediate and quality services and support 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week to assist victims of sexual assault and reduce the incidence of sexual assault committed by or against military service members, their families, and civilians.
Click here for a PDF download of SAPR information and resources.